2022 Municipal Elections
The Optimists Club of Kerwood-Adelaide-Metcalfe has organized an All Candidates Meeting for the 2022 Municipal Election:
Thursday, October 6th, 2022, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Adelaide Metcalfe Fire Station - Kerwood
27817 Kerwood Rd, ON, N0M 2B0
2022 Official of Candidates (Adelaide Metcalfe)
(as of August 22, 2022)
|CERTIFIED - Mayor - Elected by ACCLAMATION|
|Susan Clarke||5944 Inadale Drive, Adelaide Metcalfe, N7G 3H4||519-859-5019
|CERTIFIED - Councillor - Four (4) to be Elected|
|Mike Brodie||1940 Murphy Drive, Adelaide Metcalfe, N0M 2B0||
|Eric Denison||3428 Egremont Drive, Adelaide Metcalfe, N7G 3H6||519-619-1065
|Mary Ann Hendrikx||3259 Cuddy Drive, Adelaide Metcalfe, N7G 3H6||519-872-5182
|Garett Kingma||28332 Pike Road, Adelaide Metcalfe, N7G 3H8||
|Arend Noordhof||1729 Napperton Drive, Adelaide Metcalfe, N0M 2B0||519-317-9658
|Betty Ann MacKinnon||24394 Dundonald Road, Adelaide Metcalfe, N0L 1M0||519-287-2699
|Gerald Sanders||1452 Melwood Drive, Adelaide Metcalfe, N7G 3H5||519-247-3818
|CERTIFIED - Thames Valley District School Board – Two (2) to be Elected|
|William Cocksworth||5 Arva Court, Strathroy, N7G 3R7||519-859-9802
87 Moffatt Lane, Strathroy, N7G 3Z8
|Christian Saches||3444 Granton Line, Granton||519-722-1069
|CERTIFIED - London District Catholic School Board – Elected by ACCLAMATION|
|Josh Lamb||59 Clarence St, Strathroy, ON||
|CERTIFIED - Conseil Scolaire Viamonde (French Language Public) - One (1) to be Elected|
|Joseph Vandermeer||4079 Catherine Street, Dorchester, N0L 1G0||519-608-4700
|David O'Hara||1628 King Street East, Cambridge, N3H 3R7||519-222-4161
|CERTIFIED - Conseil Scolaire Catholique Providence (French Language Catholic) – Elected by ACCLAMATION|
|Alexandre Alary||176 rue Langarth Est, London, ON||
- The 2022 Ontario Municipal Elections will be held on Monday, October 24, 2022.
- The new term of Council begins on November 15, 2022.
- The Municipal Election is governed by the Municipal Elections Act.
Offices to be Elected
The 2022 Municipal Election is being held for the following offices in Adelaide Metcalfe:
- Mayor (1) - Elected at Large
- Councillors (4) - Elected at Large
In addition, voters will elect school board trustees based on the school board they support.
Voting Method for 2022
- Adelaide Metcalfe Council approved the use of telephone and electronic voting for 2022 (same format as the 2018 Municipal Elections)
- More information on how to vote will be provided closer to the election
Who can vote in the Election?
Anyone can vote in a municipal election who, on the day of the election, is:
- 18 years of age or older
- A Canadian citizen; and
- either a resident of the Township of a property owner or tenant or the spouse or same same partner of an owner or tenant in the municipality during a specified time just before the election.
Are you on the list to Vote?
- You must be on the Voter list in order to be able to cast a ballot.
- Voterlookup.ca is an online service administered by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) available to eligible electors. MPAC has provided a YouTube tutorial on how to use this service:
The voters list is prepared in three steps:
- A preliminary list is created by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) based on data it keeps on home ownership and tenancy.
- The preliminary list is sent to the municipal clerk in advance of a regular election which occurs every 4 years as noted above or after a by-election has been called. The clerk can correct any errors on the list, and the corrected list then becomes the voters' list.
- Changes can be made to the list. If you are not on the voters' list or if your information is incorrect (for example, you have moved but your former address is still showing on the list), you may apply to have your name added or to have your information corrected. This may be done until the close of voting on voting day in a regular election or by-election. You may have your name added to the voters list at the voting place. We encourage everyone to bring photo id with them as you will be asked to provide proof of your eligibility to vote in this manner.
Guides and Forms - Candidates & Third-Party Advertiser
- Adelaide Metcalfe - Information for Candidates Guide
- 2022 Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) Candidates Guide
- April 4th, 2022 - Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) "Candidates & Third Party Advertiser Information Session" Presentation
- 2022 Accessible Elections Guide
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) - Form 1
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) - Form 4
Registered Third Party Advertiser Guides
Guides and Forms - Voters
Candidates - Campaign Finances
The campaign period begins once a nomination paper or notice of registration is filed with the Clerk
- election expenses cannot be incurred outside of the campaign period
- corporations and trade unions are no longer eligible to contribute to municipal election campaigns. This includes all council and school board elections. Corporations and trade unions can be third party advertisers and make contributions to third party advertisers
- a candidate who does not accept any contributions of money, or incur any expenses, is not required to open a separate election bank account
- nomination filing fee is not considered a campaign expense
- candidates are responsible for keeping records of the financial activities related to their campaign. Remember to issue receipts for all donations of goods or services, obtain receipts for expenses incurred and keep copies of all receipt
It is the responsibility of the candidate to file a complete and accurate financial statement on time. Candidates should completely familiarize themselves with the appropriate sections of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996.
Candidates - Key Dates
Nomination Period for Candidates
- May 2, 2022 to August 18, 2022 (Monday to Friday (excl. holidays), 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Nomination Day is Friday, August 19, 2022 from 9 am to 2 pm
Third Party Advertising Registration Period
- May 2, 2022 to October 21, 2022 (8:30 am to 4:30 pm)
Lame Duck - Restricted Acts After Nomination Day
A lame duck situation is determined by the Clerk, after the following dates as applicable, and as per Section 275 of the Municipal Act 2001
- August 19, 2022
- November 14, 2022
Voter's List Revision Period
- September 1, 2022 to October 24, 2022 (prior to close of polls at 8 pm)
Voting Period for Electors
- Starting at 9 am on Monday, October 17, 2022 and closing on Monday, October 24, 2022 at 8 pm
Term of New Council
- November 15, 2022 to November 14, 2026
Ending of Campaigns
- Last date for any candidate and third party campaigning - January 3, 2023
- Candidate and Third Party Financial Reporting Deadline - March 31, 2023 at 2 pm
- Final Late Candidate Financial Reporting (subject to $500.00 late filing fee) - May 1, 2023 at 2 p.m.
Association of Municipal Clerks & Treasurers of Ontario (AMCTO) Municipal Elections Calendar
The placement of Election Signage in the Township is governed by By-Law No. 15 of 2018 - Election Signs