The Humane Society London & Middlesex provides animal control services for the Township of Adelaide-Metcalfe. These services are provided for dogs and injured cats on public property.
The Humane Society London & Middlesex is located at 624 Clarke Road in London and can be reached at 1-877-909-0519. Please visit their website for their hours of operation and more services.
Residents should call the Humane Society London & Middlesex for the following:
- To report violations of the Township's Animal Control By-law
- To report a dog running at large
- To report a dog bite or aggressive dog
- To report sick or injured dog or cats
- To report lost or found pets
- To report stray dogs
Emergency After Hours Services
Emergency after hours services include:
- Sick or injured dogs and cats
- Suffering or in immediate distress dog or cat
- Running in traffic or in danger
- On-the loose dog acting aggressively to people or pets
For emergency after hours services, call 1-877-909-0519 and follow the prompts.
To report the need for a carcass to be removed from public property, please contact the Township at 519-247-3687.
Lost & Found Pets
To report a lost or found pet contact Humane Society London & Middlesex at 1-877-909-0519. If the pet has already been called-in or picked-up, they may be able to identify your animal right away.
View Lost Pets via Humane Society London & Middlesex
To report cases of animal cruelty, abandonment or neglect, please call the Province of Ontario's 24/7 Hotline at 1-833-9ANIMAL (1-833-926-4625). In an emergency, you can also contact your local police.
For Questions Contact:
Humane Society London & Middlesex
2021-2023 Dog Tags
- There will be no door-to-door collection of dog tags this year. If you require a dog tag, please contact the municipal office.
- The dog tags are for a three-year period, beginning 2021 and ending 2023 inclusive and will be billed annually.
- Payment can be made by debit, cheque or cash at the Township office. Payment can also be made online through your bank by adding “Adelaide Metcalfe Invoices” as a new payee. Be sure to enter your 10-digit customer number found on your invoice when making an online payment.
- Payment by e-transfer (EFT) is not accepted.
Animal Fees & Charges
For current Dog Licensing Fees, please refer to our Fees & Charges By-Law (Schedule A - Animal Control)